An Inconvenient Check

Mark Graban over at the Lean Blog posted this "tweet" on Twitter:

"
Going to ask my credit card bank to quit mailing me 'convenience checks.'  Convenient only for ID thieves."

That got me thinking about how truly annoying and wasteful those stupid checks are. You get them too, right?  They usually come in the form of an unsolicited full page of five or six blank checks that nobody ever uses.  You probably do the same thing that I do, you immediately tear-up or shred those suckers and throw 'em away.  Waste of paper, waste of ink, waste of the mailman's time, waste of my time, and as Mark mentioned, a risk for ID theft.  What the heck?  I'd bet that the statement on the photo below is true...

6 comments:

Mark Graban said...

A few quick phone calls to my CC companies and they're going to stop mailing the checks. Easy to do.

The Doctor said...

Going to make the calls this week. I must get 3 of those checks by mail every week. So wasteful.

Michael Lombard said...

Same here. So annoying too.

Greg said...

Do what I did, call 1-888-5-OPTOUT. It worked for me.

Matt Stambaugh said...

Thanks Greg. For those who hate spelled out phone numbers like I do, 1-888-5-OPTOUT translates to 1-888-567-8688.

I realized after I called that I trust you a lot Greg considering that I just gave that 888 number all my private information. I did do some research after the fact and it checks out.

Trevor said...

1-888-5-OPTOUT, AKA Greg's cellphone number where he writes down all your personal information. Ha. But not really. Great information.