What Can I Say?


This week the first African-American (and bi-racial person for that matter) was sworn in as president of the United States of America.  He is a man who has promised an open government that makes decisions based on science and reason.  To move our country towards the future and to stop clinging to an outdated past.  To move towards green energy and away from black oil. If he does 10% of what he has promised, he will be a 'philospher king.'  I am so damn proud. What more can I say?


If you missed his innaugral address, you can watch it here: Whitehouse.gov

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I guess promising the change we need, then appointing The Clinton Administration II; which did nothing but support the status quo the first time around, and promising that lobbyists would not be a strong voice in his administration, then appointing William Lynn to deputy secretary of defense must fall into that other 90%.

Matt Stambaugh said...

Pat you should write up a post with evidence to support your Clinton II claim. Perhaps a chart showing appointments under Clinton next to appointments under Obama. I would be interested to see that.

Trevor said...

Pat,

Where were you when I was a Republican? I felt so alone back then. Maybe the Clinton cabinet members that are re-treads will do a better job this time around because their boss won't be worrying about young female interns all the time.
Just sayin.

Anonymous said...

If I could figure out how to post anything on here besides comments I would.