What a Game!

Now that's what I am talking about. Steelers 27 Cardinals 23 in Superbowl XLIII was one to remember. Being a fan of neither team I went into last night hoping to at least see a close game and also for there to be some kick ass commercials to watch. I feel that both hopes were delivered on and then some. The fourth quarter of the game last night made for some of the most compelling television I have ever seen. I can only imagine what it must have been like to be there in person watching all of the drama unfold.

Now after having read that first paragraph and knowing that this is a blog about green I am sure that you are wondering how is he going to spin this into a post about green. Check this out. My second hope being to see some really cool commercials also produced some insight into wind energy and also smart grid technology. Both courtesy of a company I have blogged on before, General Electric.

First here is the commercial on wind energy:



And here is the commercial on Smart Grid Technology:



Now check out the Ecomagination website section that talks about Plugging into the Smart Grid.

And last but not least here is a link to all of the Superbowl commercials from last night in order by quarter.

You can all thank me later for killing your productivity level at work for the rest of the day.

5 comments:

Trevor said...

That scarecrow commercial was clever. Best ad of the night was the Denny's mob guys.

Anonymous said...

I have to go with one of the Doritos ads.

The Doctor said...

My favorite was actually the Careerbuilder where the Koala bear gets punched in the face. So random... love it.

Oh yeah and the commercials for the new GI Joe movie.

Michael Lombard said...

Both of those GE Ecomagination ads are phenomenal. GE has really shown me something as a leader in the green movement. Their Smart Connect box which was on display at the International Builders' Show made the same impression on me as the iPhone. It's elegantly designed, it addresses customer needs that us customers never even knew we needed, and it just works.

With a behemoth like GE leading the way, it seems much more likely that a smart, clean, green, renewable energy grid is a real possibility. What I love about it is that even people who aren't treehuggers will like this concept because it saves the population lots of money, has the potential to free us from foreign oil (if plug-in hybrids become the norm), and is high-tech cool for all the gadget guys out there.

Matt Stambaugh said...

I have to agree the game was amazing, and you guys know I'm about as non a sports fan as there is. That 100 yard run back by the Steelers at the end of the first half was perhaps the best play I've ever seen. I'm glad the refs did not take it from him.

As for the GE commercials, they were great. The wind one is an old recycled commercial (thats green though right) but one of my favorites. The smart grid one was pretty good as well.